Opera Scotland

Dundee Rep (Lochee Rd) Dundee

The original Dundee Rep was founded in 1937 at the Foresters' Hall in Nicoll Street and gained an excellent reputation, attracting several future star performers.  In 1962 it was destroyed by fire.  Its 'temporary' successor was a converted church in St Mary Place, facing on to Lochee Road, some distance from the city centre.  In spite of its obvious inadequacies, it remained the company's home until the present building, in Tay Square, opened in 1982.

Contact Details

Address

St Mary Place
Dundee

© Copyright Opera Scotland 2021

Site by SiteBuddha